15 April 2012

Meet Wendy Grischow!



I've been fortunate to meet a wonderful new author...Wendy Grischow!   Her first book, The Crimson Teardrop, has been released by Secret Cravings Publishing!  You can find it here: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=31&products_id=330

Please welcome Wendy with me as we learn a little about her!


1)  Tell us a little about yourself!  Have you always wanted to write stories?

Yes, I had my first story printed in our local newspaper when I was 8.  I loved to go to the library when I was younger and would go every chance I got.  I would read as many books as I could an then start writing one, lol.  I never finished writing any as far as I have with The Crimson Teardrop.  I did however take a break for 10- 15 years.  I was living on my own and only reading minimal, then I met my husband and started my family.  It's been 3 years since I started writing again.

2)  How does it feel being a new author?

Fun, exciting, scary.  There is so much to learn now.  Writing the book is fun and rewarding in itself, but when I got the publishing contract is when I started really learning.  It's great to meet so many different people with the same interest.  Everyone at Secret Cravings Publishing is so kind and helpful.  When they find out you are new, they are all so willing to help answer any questions!!

3) What inspires you and your stories?

 Sometimes we will be driving and there will be a certain type of home and/or property and it sparks something inside of me.  I usually have to go home and start writing then.   But mostly I find that a rainy day sparks the writer in me.
4)  Are you working on anything at the moment?

I am actually very close to finishing a short story, and I started two other stories that I am dying to get back to.  The characters are yelling at me to come back, but my house always seems so crazy, lol.

5) Who are some of your favorite authors and what are your aspirations for the future?

 I can't really say I have a favourite author.  I like so many kinds of books, if I read the back and it interests me I read it.  I usually listen to friends and family for their recommendations on what to read next as well.  I would love to be able to write stories all day.  I love creating stories full of twists and turns that you can't figure out until the end.  Those are my favourite to write.


The Crimson Teardrop will be published with Secret Cravings Publishing and is projected to be released in May

Blurb:

Have you ever wondered if there was more to your life?  Clari often wondered, but continued living what seems to be just a normal life.  She goes to work and lives her life day in and day out, until one day she gets a phone call that will change her life forever.  Her Great Auntie has passed away and she must tend to her estate, but once she arrives there, she gets more than she has bargained for.   Unwelcome visitors, strange occurrences and learns of a whole new life lying in wait just for her.  Will she be able to handle it all?  Maybe it's too late and there is no turning back, only time will tell.

http://wendygrischow.wordpress.com/
http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=31&products_id=330

No comments:

Post a Comment