04 April 2018

Book Two in Lacee Hightower's Beautiful People series!


Lacee Hightower returns to talk about book two!

Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters? 

A lot of my ideas come from music because I’m a big music lover and take it very personally.  But other ideas have come from people that I meet and everyday situations.  My book Pink Lilies actually came to mind when I visited a cosmetic surgeon considering having a procedure done, which I didn’t follow through with.  The man intimidated the hell out of me, thus the idea for my book.



Q)  Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it? 

This is a series called Beautiful People. Pink Lilies, Crimson Sunsets and Reaching for Emeralds.  All can be read as standalones, yet the male characters all know one another from the fetish club they attend.   Two of the men are the club owners, the other just a member. They are all mentioned in each book.



Q) Do you have any habits that get you in the writing frame of mind? 

Music!  I’m driving down the road with my radio blaring and come up with the most random insane ideas for scenes.



Q) What are your upcoming projects? 

Have a new series I’m working on.  Have finished book one which will be called Waking the Lion and finishing up the next.  Book one is promised to not only be smoking hot but a tear jerker as well.  Something a little different.



Originally, I’d intended Pink Lilies to be a standalone.  Yet, the further I got into writing it, Justin Wisely, co-owner of Venture, just kept appearing in the story more and more, so I decided he absolutely needed his own book.  A strong Dominant, he’s made some serious life-altering mistakes in his past which have influenced his life tremendously. 




Blurb from Crimson Sunsets

 I’m a businessman in the world of kink. 

 Known by many as Master ‘J’, women want me for a strength I no longer possess. Still, I’m not seeking sweet.  Not interested in vanilla.  I don’t plan on a forever and damn sure don’t want kids.

 A short stay with my attorney changes every single perspective I own in mere minutes.

When Hartley Shipman reappears in my life, she throws me for a loop a mile long.  Makes me realize I want everything I swore I didn’t.

There’s just one problem – her father is the man I thought I killed.

Buy Links:




Bio:

Lacee Hightower is an American writer and romance novelist, referring to her style as contemporary, sweet romance with a “twist.” Living in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, she describes herself as a foodie that can’t cook, a large lover of fashion and SHOES, and an enormous hopeless romantic.  Since she was old enough to know what the word meant, she loved the whole concept of romance and happy endings. Even though she has always enjoyed writing, life got in the way and she never really thought of pursuing it seriously until she decided to write her first book after both her children were grown.  Now with a nice glass of wine in hand, or not, she is learning to love bringing the characters in her head to life on paper for those who enjoy peeking into another world.



Social Medial Links:



Instagram – laceehightower8786

No comments:

Post a Comment