04 June 2020

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 23


Ever Been Through a Renovation (or watched one on TV)? Your Thoughts...

Why yes! I've done a home renovation plus I watch them all the time on HGTV. I actually like learning about home renovations. Back when I was in high school my mother decided to redo our bathroom. I lived in a three bedroom, one bathroom house. We didn't actually change the layout of the bathroom, but we did repaint and add shelves. Here's a pic of me scraping the old (probably lead) paint off the walls:



I think mom and I painted it a bluish-grey color with white trim. Big improvement from this dingy yellow. BTW, yellow is my least favorite color. Mike and I like watching home renovations on tv and we always discuss our own tastes. I dislike the modern, sterile décor that seems to be popular. I prefer color. My dream kitchen would be gunpowder grey cabinets and a backsplash design of red tile, with white quartz countertops.  

I would also like a place to store appliances. I detest having small appliances sitting on my counters, taking up space. I understand they are a necessity, but there's got to be a better way to display them. 

One day I'd like to have a home Mike and I can renovate into our own dream place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment