10 October 2011

Tied up or Spanking?

I recently went on a friend's website (author Kharisma Rayne) and saw a poll she had run, asking what people would like to try the most.  The winner?...44% said being completely submissive.  Another 33% like costume role/playing and being tied up.  Finally, coming in third was being spanked.

As a writer, I find this fascinating, simply because it speaks of trends and what readers are mostly into.  The question I have on my mind is...should a writer cater to the masses demands or should the writer focus more on their own quality rather than sales?

I would love to read your opinion so please leave me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I think a writer needs to write what they prefer...what they know. Since I'm known for my writing of various articles pertaining to experimentation and bdsm, I did the poll to see what my readers most wanted to hear about. So, this will be my platform for upcoming articles on site.
    (I also have a little of everything in my books lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how much money you want to make! If you write what people want to read, chances are you'll earn more than if you're writing what people aren't interested in.

    Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be either/or. You can write and publish something highly commercial and then write something purely for yourself.

    ReplyDelete