13 November 2012

Update & Hump Day Hook!



Thanks to everyone who participated in my Blog Hop this weekend!  I love hearing about opinions and readers favorites, like hearing about y’alls favorite names.  I picked two winners this time around because of the volume of comments and my trusty assistant (AKA: son) picked Shar Simms & Beckey!  Each person has been notified via email.

I’ll also be participating in the Black Friday Blog Hop happening…you guessed it!..day after Thanksgiving.  And at Christmas, I’ll be giving away a special prize so be sure to stop back often!

I’m taking this post to also put up my Hump Day Hook for this week.  For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure, Hump Day Hook is something I participate in every Wednesday.  A bunch of us authors post so please visit the others at:


This week I wanted to post something about how time flies.  We’re getting ready to enter the last holidays of 2012 and again, I can’t believe how fast the year has flown by.  So from You Can Run, here is my paragraph:

January in Maryland was always miserable. Rain turned to ice and snow, while temperatures fluctuated somewhere between holy-fuck-it’s-cold and I-can’t-feel-my-nads-anymore. It was the type of weather where nose hair froze. Kyle had run thoughtlessly and keeping warm had been the last thing on his mind, but now, unfortunately, he was kicking himself for not grabbing his coat. A thin vinyl jacket wasn’t cutting it.
***************************************************

 

6 comments:

  1. Can totally feel the miserable weather! January on the East Coast stinks! Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to put us in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great POV! Also, reminds me why I'll never live up North. I was outside barefoot yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you captured the essence of Northern winter and reminded me why I moved south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrr...I know the feeling exactly! Well...not the nads part! LOL. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yah! Thats cold! No one needs frozen nose hair!

    ReplyDelete