I know the tragedy of Newtown CT has been talked about incessantly, but I want to encourage everyone to practice the 26 Acts of Kindness to honor the memory of the victims. I have done 5 already.
And finally, I've posted a gluten free cookie recipe below. I've recently found out I'm going to have to go gluten free and though I know it's going to be extremely hard and I may slip and slide along the way, at least I can start practicing now.
Please have a wonderful and safe holiday!
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- Cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until fully mixed.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, xantham gum and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir after each addition.
- Roll about 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough (each) into balls and place 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 11 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- Once chilled completely, ice with cream cheese icing!