01 January 2018

Q & A with Imogene Nix!

Hello Imogene!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…


Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?

To be honest, I don’t actually have a clue. They kind of appear in my mind, fully formed with their own tale to tell. I honestly don’t know much when I start a book until they uncover the tale for me.

Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

This book is one of those that came out of nowhere, and meandered along for 4 years. It’s certainly darker than all my other titles, simply because the subject matter strikes fairly close to a couple of taboos. It’s a world that is finished in one book, with the character’s tale taking about 15 years from beginning to end. I can’t see another title in this series.


Q) Do you have any habits that get you in the writing frame of mind?

I’m a full time author so I generally start my day about 8am, settling into my office with a coffee. Then I hop online and find my “sprint” buddies. I usually work in three sessions of an hour in the morning and keep the afternoon for other things, including “real world” appointments J

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

I wish I could, but alas my stories never seem to pan out like that!


Q) What are your upcoming projects?
I’m currently finishing a new series – 4 books (I think) with book 3 nearly complete. I also have another darker tale I’m finishing up and a secret series plus a post-apocalyptic tale. I think 2018 is going to be busy!



Inheritance Of The Blood

​In the darkness evil waits...

As a young bride Kira was whisked away from everything and everyone she knew, including her new husband and became Christina, an operative of the Displaced Persons Unit.

As the danger grows she sees an opportunity to save her husband Vasya and sister Serina. But nothing is the same. Serina is grown up—married and pregnant.

Vasya too is older and darkly forbidding. Trusting Christina doesn't come easily until a catastrophic event takes place. Now, knowing the truth everything he thought he knew is changed. But at a very high cost.

The four must work together to defeat the Demon, Zuor and the stakes are higher than they imagined and all could be lost.

Buy Links:

Find the book in your favourite store here: https://books2read.com/IOTB

Bio:

Imogene is published in a range of romance genres including Paranormal, Science Fiction and Contemporary.
She is mainly published in the UK and USA due to the nature of her tales.

 In 2011, Imogene Nix (the pen name not Imogene herself) was born. Imogene sat down and worked tirelessly for 3 months culminating in the books Starline, which became the first in a trilogy titled, "Warriors of the Elector." 

Imogene has successfully been contracted for twenty-five titles.  She has also completed several others. In 2017 Imogene decided to self-publish most of her further works - a plan which is in train.

Imogene is a member of a range of professional organisations world wide, and believes in the mantra of mentoring and paying it forward.

She loves to drink coffee, wine & eat chocolate and is parenting 2 spoiled dogs and a ferocious cat along with her husband and 2 human daughters.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me to visit! I look forward to chatting with your readers :D

    ReplyDelete