15 December 2011

Another Year

Another year is on our doorstep.  Out goes 2011 and in comes the promise of something new, something better.  New Year’s Eve builds our hope that the coming year will be different.  That we will be different.  Some will vow to finally lose weight.  Some will vow to quit smoking, work harder, be a better person or spend more time with the kids.  Resolutions are a tradition and yet breaking them is also a tradition.  Some of us even make bets on when they’ll be broken.

I am one of those people who love making resolutions.  And I vow each and every year that I will keep them.  This is year I actually made a vow with one of my best friends, Dahlia, to lose 10 pounds.  That’s not too much, is it?  That seems like a reasonable number.  And if I got a friend doing it with me, then I must stick to it, right?  

My other goal is simple.  I plan on turning my writing into a full time career, and I plan to push myself as a writer.  I have a m/f/m cowboy historical erotica romance titled “The Scarlet Dove” almost finished, and I have a m/m romance going round in my head, as well as a rock-n-roll m/f/m story. 

December is a time of love, joy, and reflection.  I try not to dwell too long on reflections of the past, of memories that are painful or hurtful.  It brings to mind a saying I heard years ago…”When your memories out number your dreams, the end is near”.  So I always sweep out the old in December and embrace the new.  Instead I turn to Percy Bysshe Shelley who wrote “Why linger, why turn back, why shrink My Heart?”

So, what will you do to greet the New Year?  Will you sing Auld Lang Syne?  Will you scrub your house clean?  Will you ring a gong 108 times to expel 108 human weaknesses like the Buddhists do?  Eat twelve grapes for twelve happy months?  Watch the Rose Bowl parade?

To win a free ebook pdf version of any of my books, winner's choice, simply leave me a comment about what your New Year’s Plans or Resolutions may be.  One random winner will be selected on December 19th, so make sure you leave an email so I may contact you! 

And make sure you visit all the other writers on the Stuff Your Stockings event page, to potentially win more prizes!  http://thebloghopspot.com/event-page/

Happy New Year, the birth of 2012.  I raise my glass and toast to the promise of a new beginning.  Happy writing.  Happy reading.

16 comments:

  1. I plan to make writing much more of a priority in 2012.
    ~Chelle
    ChelleCordero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as writing, my plan is to COMPLETE something! It's not like I even have to start from scratch, I have so many "unfinished works". On a personal level, I have a resolution to start my own family. Not sure if that is physically/medically possible, but if it is, I feel my clock ticking. On the work front, I want to feel a little of the "job security" of days gone by, even if it is a thin facade, I'll take it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I am going to go to the gym three times a week, run three miles a day and lose 50 pounds all before my birthday in May. I hope to hell I can do it.
    Rayna.AT.naughtyeditionreviews.DOT.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like always I plan to keep pushing myself to do my best, not sweat the small stuff, love my kids, and keep going with everything I'm doing!

    Great post and all the best for the new year!

    kjkamryn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the New Year I want to spend more time doing the things that I enjoy and eating dinner at the table with my kids....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning to release 4-6 books in 2012. I'd also like to attend at least two conferences. First one is already scheduled in February.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually make a resolution to get more healthy and I did really well this year! I've lost 50 lbs tho I've backslid a little this month. So, my new resolution will be to keep up the good work and add more exercise to my routine. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :-)

    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for all the comments so far!! Bookwyrm...awesome! Good luck, Elle & Chelle!!! I'm with ya, Kiki! Thanks Abigail and Kellie! Let's get together soon, T!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping right along! This coming year I would like to get more exercise and get back into my pre-baby clothes (fingers crossed) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone pretty much always says that they want to lose weight. LOL Which I totally would love to be my goal. That and catch up on more of my books. :)
    -Amber
    goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are trying to finish up the last of our remodel next year.

    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't tend to make resolutions, as I end up breaking them. Therefore, I wish for everyone to have a happy & healthy 2012

    Lisa
    Wolphcall(at)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi :0) Merry Christmas!

    My resolution is to enjoy more of the moments that count instead of the ones that don't. let go of the bad and embrace the good wholeheartedly <3

    bakinstuff@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't done a resolution in years, because I don't tend to stick to them :) Here's hoping for a change this year, maybe I will end up losing the 10 lbs my dr. indicated I should ;o} Happy Holidays to you!

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My new years plans is to spend time with my family. Were not going to do very much. Thanks for the giveaway! Happy holidays!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The new year plan? Declutter the garage so we can park the cars inside ;)

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete