09 December 2011

The Clockwork Prince : A book review

I bought this book on Wednesday and finished it Friday.  O. M. G!!!  Oh my F**ing Goodness!!!  I’m in awe.  Shock.  Totally in love.

Okay, deep breath.  Let's rewind.  I liked The Clockwork Angel, but The Clockwork Prince far surpassed its predecessor.  It did not go way of most sophomore follow-ups with a convoluted story line that failed to deliver the goods.  This book packed so much of a sucker punch I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry through the whole book (I ended up crying).

The best thing about it?....the one liners.  Cassandra Clare has a gift.  My favorites:

1.  ‘Will looked at him in puzzlement.  “Is this a game?  We just blurt out whatever word comes next to mind?  In that case mine’s ‘genuphobia.”  It means an unreasonable fear of knees.”’

  1. ‘”I think it’s charming,” said Will.  “I’ve heard polka dots are the last word in fashion this season.”’

  1. ‘”I can trust you, Jessie, but you’re clearly not well enough to go.  Which is unfortunate, since Aloysius always had a weakness for a pretty face.”
            “Even more reason why I should go,” said Will.”’
    
  1. ‘”I’ve never swum naked in the Thames, but I know I wouldn’t like it.”
            “But think how entertaining for sightseers,” said Tessa.


This book contains very raw emotions, and it will break your heart.  It has restored my obsession with Cassandra Clare’s novels and now I anxiously await not only the next book, The Clockwork Princess, but book five in the Mortal Instruments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment