PUMPKIN WAFFLES with Apple Cider Syrup
(Makes 6 servings)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups milk
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup butter, melted
APPLE CIDER SYRUP
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, and egg yolks. Whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir the flour mixture and 1/4 cup melted butter to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just to combine. Use a whisk or rubber spatula to fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter, stirring gently until incorporated. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
- To make the syrup, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in the apple cider and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil; boil until the syrup thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Serve warm. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Now that I've gotten your attention....
- Thanks for visiting me on this Halloween Blog Hop! This is my favorite holiday...although every year it seems to be a little rushed.
I have several titles centering around spooky themes..."A Wanted Man" is a M/M zombie apocalypse story. "Star Mates" is a M/F abduction story. "Otherworldly" is about a woman who can see murdered souls. And of course, there's the fabulous "Sex, Love & Aliens" from Beachwalk Press! <<<Don't forget the FREE prequel to my story in this anthology, Niah, available HERE>>>
I'm happy to give away any of my titles to one lucky winner (winner's choice)...all you have to do is leave a comment & a way to contact you! (I promise not to spam you, I just don't have the time to track you down). Plus!...a fabulous Las Vegas/Halloween care package (photo coming soon!).
To stay up to date with further blog hops & give-a-ways, you can either Friend me on Facebook or Follow me on Twitter!
Be sure to visit the others in this awesome Halloween Blog Hop!