11 January 2016

Q & A with Amber Morgan!

Hello!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today! 

Thanks for having me! :D

Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?

I'm a classic pantser – planning ahead when it comes to writing is just not in my nature. But I know with short stories that every word counts, and I didn't want to waste words introducing a new couple and have them fall in love in an extremely short time-frame. So I went with a reunited lovers theme instead – Lara and Zane broke up a year ago. In WAKING THE LIONESS, chance throws them back together. They already know each other and have a deep, complex history. Adding Tate to the mix (who has his own established relationship with Zane) gives Lara and Zane's relationship a new twist...which was lots of fun to write!


Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

It will hopefully be the first in a series of shorts set in and around the fictional town of Malkin Ridge, focusing on shapeshifters and their love lives! I have a vague idea for a sequel to Lara/Zane/Tate's story.


Q) Do you have any habits that get you in the writing frame of mind?

I make up playlists for the majority of my projects – songs that remind me of characters or scenes, and I listen to those when I can't write, to keep me in the right mood for when I can write!


Q) What are your upcoming projects?

As well as the sequel to WAKING THE LIONESS, I'm working on an MC romance called Wolf's Hunt, the second in my Wild Blood MC series. I've also got a couple more short stories in the works, both paranormal romances, but very different in tone. I'm hoping to finish Wolf's Hunt before anything else – the end is so very close!



Blurb
Convinced she could never give her fiance what he truly wanted, cat-shifter Lara Carey walked away from her home and her engagement, and started fresh in New Orleans. One year on, she's never stopped missing Zane Walker...but it's too late to do anything about it, isn't it?

Zane Walker hasn't come to New Orleans to find Lara, but when chance throws them together, his passion for her is reignited. There's just one problem. Zane's new lover is missing somewhere in New Orleans, and even if Zane and Lara find him, can Lara accept him and Zane?

Buy Links

All Romance Ebooks - http://tinyurl.com/hf97lgg

Author Bio and Links

Amber is the secret identity of a writer who normally pens urban fantasy, but feels like stretching her wings. Amber loves darker romance, anti-heroes, good red wine, and expensive chocolate (sometimes all at once). She's based in the UK and lives in an adorable cottage with her dream man and two stupid snakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment