23 May 2019

The Evernighties Blog Challenge Week 21

The Best Gift I Ever Got

Wow, what a broad subject I could write about.

Undoubtedly, my best gift was my son. I was truly blessed with a warm, caring, talented kid. He has Asperger's, which gives him many challenges. He's taught me so much, from patience to understanding, and there is nothing I would change about him. I am deeply humbled and awed by him every day and I am so lucky that I got to have him for my son.

As for a non-parental gift, I have received so many wonderful things in my life it's hard to pinpoint one thing, but I'm going to stick with the past four years of my life. That's when my best friend and soul mate came into the picture. I had been in an emotionally dead relationship, staying for the sake of my son, but I found the courage to finally end it. After some soul searching, I wrote down everything I was looking for in a partner and left it up to the universe. I have always believed in true love, I mean, I write romance novels with happy ever after, so to leave it all to chance that I may never find mine, was a bit scary.

A friend of mine convinced me to try online dating sites, because she had luck there. I was very hesitant because come on...there's nothing but trouble on the internet, right? But to her urging, I went online and had a few dates with men. They were pleasant and not at all serial killers, but one man and I began talking to each other, and everything he was presenting met my universal letter. So I agreed to meet him in public, and as soon as I met him, it was like a million flashlights going off. The last puzzle piece fell into place. I just knew this man was my soul mate.

Last year he gave me a gift of an engagement ring, and two weeks ago I married him. He's given me so many wonderful gifts, but the best was his heart.


**Make sure to check out the other Evernightie blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment