26 September 2019

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 39

My Writing Rituals


I don't have rituals to sit down and write. I try to work whenever my brain is talking to me. I've downloaded a voice recorder to my phone so I can talk into it if I'm driving. I like to sit in a coffee house on my days off (Starbucks is my first choice because they're EVERYWHERE and I have the app to gather points). Sometimes I sit on my couch, sometimes I'm at the table. Sometimes I'm even in my car, waiting to pick up my son at school.

There's no rhyme or reason to my madness.

Although I consider myself a pantser (writing by the seat of my pants), I am very conscious of my characters, deadlines, and where I need them to go to fulfill the idea in my head. I'm REALLY hoping this counts as one of those memory things that help stave off dementia. You know how doctors are like "Do Sudoku to beat memory loss"....if it involves numbers no thanks. :-)

**Starting October 1st I'm going to post authors M-F showcasing their spooky romance novels, so make sure to check back and read interview questions and excerpts on all things that go bump in the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment