07 August 2020

New Paranormal Romance from Elizabeth Monvey!


Hello Elizabeth!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

Q) Is your book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

Yes! It’s part of the My Boyfriend Is… series. This series takes the lives of partners and throws in a blip of paranormal (or fantasy or sci-fi). In this story, it’s about a man who has amnesia and knows there’s something off about the man who claims is his boyfriend.

Q) What was the hardest (or easiest) scene to write?

It was actually the setting that was hardest to write because I based it off old gothic romances like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

Q) What type of research did you do for your book?

I researched how to write gothic romance, especially the architecture of the time period. Everything I wrote in this book was deliberate.


Q) Do you write in a linear fashion or do you jump from scene to scene and then go back and “fill in the blanks”?

It depends. If my mind thinks up a scene I’ll go ahead and write it out, then piece it into the story. I try to stay more linear.

Q) Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

Although this is a series, they are all individual books. The only ones that are linked are my books Dark Rider and Dark Journey. I don’t make a conscious decision to link them all together.

Q) What are your upcoming projects?

I am in the planning stages for 2021. I have three book ideas I’m working through: a paranormal, an apocalyptic romance, and a Christmas story.  



My Boyfriend Is…. Book 7

Rian wakes up in a hospital, unable to remember anything. Not even his boyfriend, Jarred.

He is whisked away to their castle, where secrets make him hesitant to trust all Jarred says. As he tries to uncover the secret of his injury, he stumbles across a hidden tunnel…and a vast treasure in lost shipwreck gold.


It isn’t until he follows Jarred down into the tunnel that he discovers his boyfriend is not completely human. 

Where to Buy…




Be sure to check out the rest in the My Boyfriend Is... series


My Werewolf Boyfriend
My Vampire Boyfriend
My Alien Boyfriend
My Pregnant Boyfriend
My Ghostly Boyfriend
My Incubus Boyfriend
My Merman Boyfriend


No comments:

Post a Comment