27 August 2020

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 35

Plots: What period in history and why?

In my writing career I have written a few historical romances. I like finding obscure places in history and writing about them.

First up is The Song Bird. One of my favorite movies is San Francisco with Jeanette McDonald and Clark Gable. I loved the vibe of it had of the Barbary Coast and wanted to write a book set in the early part of the city's history. This book is set in the 1850s, not too long after gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill. It's about a woman who travels to San Francisco to find her missing sister, only to realize she'd been working as a prostitute for two men Eli Masters and Jason Braddock.

I am very proud of this book and it won the Readers Choice Award for Best Historical, and was a nominee in the LR Café Best of 2019.

Another historical I wrote was The Scarlet Dove, set in the Arizona Territory in the 1880s. Eliza Trent travels there to be a mail order bride, only to discover that she'd been duped. Two men come to her rescue, but Eliza is no shrinking violet. She's very capable of taking care of herself!

Lawless Hearts is set in Missouri in the 1880s as well, and this time Scharlie is a school teacher whose brother saved her from being molested by their stepfather. Two men show up at her door one night to tell her that her brother is dead, and the man responsible may now be after her.

You can find all my historical books HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment