12 October 2018

Discover Your Worth by Brenda A. Haire!



Hello Brenda!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…


Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?

My book is nonfiction so my characters are real and boy are they characters!

Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

It is not, but I do have a second book in the works!

Q) Can you give a fun or interesting fact about your book?

My book, Save the Butter Tubs!: Discover Your Worth in a Disposable World (STBT) is a mix of memoir, biography, self-help and history. We need to come up with a new category name for that! The title is a metaphor. The book is not about recycling butter tubs even though that is a great idea!

Q) What do you think is your strongest asset as a writer? …what is your weakest factor as a writer?

My strongest is that I am resourceful and understand the marketing side of being a writer. No matter how you are published, if you want readers, you have to market your work. My weakest time management, but I’m working on that! Now that my first book is done, I have a better sense of the time it takes to do all the tasks involved. I have a feeling book two will be a bit less time stressed.

Q) Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

Original, but I think that is what readers want. My readers are looking for authenticity and transparency. 

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

Again, mine is nonfiction. I didn’t plan out all the stories that would go into the book or the people I’d discuss. I just let it develop. I was pleased with what came up. I’ve thought a bit more about this for the next book and will strategically plan some of my “characters.”

Q) Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book? 

Each book will stand alone, but the audience will be the same and possibly expand. Again, looking at the strategy of “character” and cover art.

Q) What are your upcoming projects?

I am currently in full promotion mode for STBT. I’ve got two launch parties planned and a book tour underway starting October 14th. My next project has been outlined, but my focus is writing the course and sermon series for STBT.

Over the years, I’ve jotted down many lessons, thoughts, and memories. I’ve been living with this book in mind and filtering everything that happens to me through this book. The best part about life’s distractions is that they are usually affirming your purpose. I stand in awe! When God put the desire in my heart to write back in 2003, I had no idea what the outcome would be. Still I don’t. He can do whatever He wants. I’m surrendering it all to Him. Interestingly, my desire never wavered over the fifteen years it took to write this book. As ideas came, I jotted them down in my journals, favorite writing apps, or whatever slip of paper I could find. Even though I wasn’t actively writing the book, it was writing itself.

Part of the reason I had to complete this project was for you, my reader, my friend. I don’t want you to wait to fully live.Unleash your potential! You don’t need to wait until next year, until things are “right,” or you have it “all together” to make the transformation. You only need this moment. Take time to reflect on the cost of not accomplishing what your heart desires. My deepest desire is to help you shine your light. It’s not enough that you see my light; you need to see your own. It’s there. You’re valuable. Your story matters. The role you play in the stories of others matters. 
Brenda
Speaker, Coach, Author of
Save the Butter Tubs: Discover Your Worth in a Disposable World

Short bio: Brenda has been sharing transformative messages since 2006. Through her writing, coaching, and speaking, she serves the defeated, discouraged, and distracted. She’s been there. Through her transparency, she helps individuals move along their faith journey. It is a journey! Brenda’s passion is to help you live a life worthy of your calling. She values life experience, relationships, creativity, and continual learning.

She and her hubs (as she so lovingly refers to him on social media), Darren, are both military veterans. They love hiking and chasing waterfalls. They live in Texas with their beautifully blended family and their loyal Jack Russell, Maggie.



No comments:

Post a Comment