29 October 2018

Welcome JN Moon & her Supernatural Children of Dionysus!

(Scroll to the end to see my Give-a-way!)

Hello JN! Welcome to Written Butterfly on this Halloween week! So tell me...

Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?

For Anthony I wanted to take a regular guy and put him in the situation of becoming a vampire. Before we meet Anthony he is  happy in his life, I’m interested in how we, as people handle adverse situations that are thrust at us. His development, emotionally and physically throughout the series is what I find interesting. It’s not all good he makes some bad decisions, and I love the dynamic of the reluctant hero. I wanted to show the darker side of vampires, the horror of the change, the challenges.

Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

Yes, it starts with Anthony being turned into a vampire against his will by macabre vampires- they were based on the Eastern European vampires. The series tells the various misadventures that he gets reluctantly pulled into and again has to rethink everything he’s learned. It brings in new characters and as it progresses his supernatural world gets bigger.

 Q) Can you give a fun or interesting fact about your book?

Yes, it started off as a fun project after a friend and I did each other’s New Year’s resolutions. At the time I was studying to go to vet school as a mature student and working full time so it was a way to be creative. After a few years I realised I wanted to write but I’m really glad for my time working with nurses and vets- that’s why there’s some science in my books

Q) What do you think is your strongest asset as a writer? 

I hope engaging readers and taking them into another world, away from the stresses of life. There’s some deeper meanings in my books behind the conversations. You might pick it up and that’s awesome. Also we all go through adversity and it’s how it shapes us in the long run even if we don’t handle it well. 

…what is your weakest factor as a writer?

Weakest wanting the bad guys to have redeeming qualities, for having a reason. I guess I always look for the good in people. As young children or babies no one is evil and not everyone has the insight or comprehension to change themselves.

Q) Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

Yes definitely . There’s no alpha billionaires or submissive or bratty heroines. I want to take ordinary people and put them into extraordinary circumstances and write about what happens.

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

I plan a lot! I use Pinterest to get a person who looks or feels right and I write a bio on all my characters. When I’m in Bath where my series is based I often expect to see Anthony and the others because I know them so well! Imagine my disappointment lol…

Q) Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

The series does have an overall arc but all books can be read individually. I don’t leave cliffhangers I don’t think that’s fair but there are hooks. I have another series, book one about to launch and a new series next year. I cross over some characters betweens the series creating a supernatural universe! That’s a fun thing to write, and read hopefully!

Q) What are your upcoming projects?

I’m writing book 4 called The Seven Princes of Hell which is lots of fun and tons of research. What that has to do with Anthony is really exciting, seeing him change and become stronger.

I also have book one in a new series, The Blood Moon series with the mc, Emma. This one is about werewolves, dragon shifters and Orcadian folklore set in Wychwood forest in the UK which is said to be the most haunted forest in the world! Wychwood beer is awesome too btw! 

I'm also releasing the box set for the first three books in Always Dark Angel series for Halloween and this will include the bonus book Grimoire which isn't for sale!


 

Links: 


On all amazon sites, it's in KU.





Blurb for book 1: Children of Dionysus:


With bloodthirsty immortals at war, one rookie vampire must navigate an unfamiliar world to save the woman he loves…

Anthony is struggling to survive a nasty problem: a newfound lust for blood. After a vicious attack leaves him changed forever, the former human has nothing and nobody to turn to. But with the guidance of a 18th century vampire, Anthony discovers a parallel realm that may give him a second chance…

As this new world governed by debauchery and self-indulgence teeters on the verge of war, Anthony finds himself caught in between the immortals and the Elite. 

If that wasn’t bad enough, he hears rumours of twisted and tortured creatures forged in sinister experiments. But when Anthony discovers his still-human sweetheart has been dragged into the clash, he enters the battle with a vengeance…

Faced with the choice to side with predators or prey, Anthony may have found out far too late that saving both his new home and his true love could be impossible…

Children of Dionysus is the first book in the Always Dark Angel saga, a series of urban fantasy novels. If you like embattled supernatural beings, flawed characters, and a touch of romance, then you’ll love JN Moon’s thrilling paranormal series. 

Buy Children of Dionysus today to satisfy your thirst for adventure…


www.jnmoon.com for samples and a Free Prequel to the Always Dark Angel Series.

FB: Author JN Moon and Facebook Group: Moon Council of the Supernatural.


Hotmail: alwaysdarkangel@hotmail.co.uk


I've giving away this cute little bat pin! He's got small black jewels for the body and a green gem for the eye. All you have to do is leave a comment and a way to contact you (I promise not to spam you!). A winner will be chosen at random on Halloween by my cute assistant (aka: Son!).


1 comment:

  1. I love bats! Cute pin, thanks for the chance.
    isisthe12th(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete