1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, pulse together the gingersnaps and brown sugar until you have a coarse crumb. Pulse once or twice to combine. Pour in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
2. Spoon the crumbs into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan, or two 7-1/2-inch tart pans (with removable bottoms) and use your fingers to gently divide the mixture into an even layer on the bottom and sides of the pan. Follow with the flat bottom of a measuring cup or glass to firmly pack the crust into the pan.
3. Bake for 5-8 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
For the filling:
1. Lightly whisk eggs with evaporated milk until blended.
2. Add sweet potato butter and gently stir with whisk until smooth.
3. Fill the crust and bake in center of oven for 55 min. or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool well and enjoy!