05 July 2014

Paper Kisses - Behind the Scenes

Here are five quick things you might not know about my novel, Paper Kisses:

1) It was originally titled "The Love Dance".

2) The town this book is set in, Dexter, Missouri, is my hometown where I grew up.

3) It started off as a story, was converted into a movie script, and then I turned it into an ebook.

4) Alannah's name went through three different name changes.  (Sky has always been Sky)

5) Someone actually told me this line from the book, after watching The Tudors:  “I watched and then started to think about you, and how you
never look like those girls on that show anymore. You used to be sexy, skinny, and now you just sit on the couch all the time. I miss that girl you used to be. I miss the sex we used to have. I don’t find you attractive anymore."

To this day I've never watched that show.  I can't.  I decided Alannah was a good way to get that painful moment off my chest, although I'll never forget the words.  You can't un-hear something once it has been said.  Buddha said whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influence by them for good or ill. 

I am happy that this book has been pleasantly received.  From the reviews, people seem very surprised that they enjoyed it!  Alannah's confusion and pain is shared by many, which I think people can relate to.  This is a current review of Paper Kisses: http://www.nightowlreviews.com/v5/Reviews/Vrainey-reviews-Paper-Kisses-by-Beth-D-Carter



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blurb:



When Alannah’s husband tells her she’s boring and he doesn’t want to be married to her anymore she spirals into a world of hurt and confusion.  She decides to go back to her hometown in Missouri to figure out where she lost the confident girl she used to be. 

Speeding into town, she’s pulled over by her old best friend, Skylar Randall, now the town sheriff.  He’s still mad at her for leaving twelve years ago without a word of good-bye.  But suddenly Sky isn’t just her high school friend anymore, he’s morphed into a man who goes after what he wants, and he’s just declared he wants her.

But Sky’s private world is one full of bondage and in trying to silence the doubts in her head, he will tie her up as long as it takes for her realize that what she really left behind was faith, hope and whole lot of kisses.
** Be Warned: BDSM, anal sex

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




This is what I pictured Sky would look like.  Enjoy!



1 comment: