01 January 2020

The New Year's Resolution - Happy 2020!


It's that time of year again. Resolutions to make and most definitely break, because if there is one constant to New Year's it's that the gung-ho attitude eventually cracks under day-to-day life. According to www.goskills.com, these are the top ten resolutions:

  1. Exercise more
  2. Lose weight
  3. Get organized
  4. Learn a new skill or hobby 
  5. Live life to the fullest
  6. Save more money / spend less money
  7. Quit smoking
  8. Spend more time with family and friends
  9. Travel more
  10. Read more
For me, I'm going to say having a more balanced life between work and exercise, trying to find that happy medium to be healthier. I'd also like to be a little better with money management, although that's a struggle with a teenage boy constantly growing. He's 13 and taller than I am.

Perhaps the real question is a resolution for the new decade about to begin. This past one has been productive on a professional level for me, and a romantic one on a personal level. I met the love of my life, Mike, and got married. I've taken a more hands-on approach on managing my stories. My goal is to continue writing quality books, bringing interesting characters to life. My husband's ten year goal is to start his own coffee business. Mine is to support myself as a full time author.

It is also the Year of the Rat. It's the first sign from the 12 animals cycle of the Chinese Astrology, and for this reason 2020 is considered a year of new beginnings and renewals. The Metal Rat Year is going to be a strong, prosperous, and lucky year for almost all Chinese zodiac signs.

I certainly hope so. I could use a bit of prosperity.

Whatever your goals may be, I hope 2020 is one full of dream fulfillment. Have a safe New Year and stop by often to read more on my blog with lots of interviews and spotlights on wonderful authors I've come to admire and call friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment