26 December 2019

The Evernight Weekly Writing Challenge - Week 52

My Wedding Disaster 

I don't know if I would've picked this to be the last Writing Challenge of the year, but here we have it and here's what I have to say.

I've had two weddings. The first one was elaborate with a big white dress and lots of people. The only thing that went wrong that time was it was outside and the wind whipped my veil into my dad's way and when he went to tug his hand free, it ripped the veil from my head band. Luckily, it had so many bobby-pins that it stayed intact during the ceremony. 

Not that big of a disaster. I should've said the groom, because the marriage was obviously a mistake. Only lasted four years.

My second wedding took place twenty-five years later. I wanted to make sure I had found my Mr. Right before I got married again. We didn't do a big wedding, just went to the justice of the peace and had a five minute ceremony. Mike and I wore matching Star Wars shirts. The only disaster I had was actually my own fault, and it wasn't a disaster but something I do feel guilty about. I didn't know where the place was where the ceremony was being held, so I took off trying to find it and left my mom to struggle on her own. She has to use a walker and can't walk very well, so she goes very slowly. It wasn't very nice of me, and the only defense I'll make was that I was running behind and afraid they would bump me and Mike from the line-up if we were late. Still kinda shitty of me, and I still feel guilty.

My mom forgave me, of course, and Mike & I were married on May the 4th (be with you). Took longer for all of us to pile into the elevator than the ceremony. But I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment