26 September 2018

Kristy Brown Talks About her YA Paranormal Romance...Summer's End!


Hello Kristy!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?

I literally did dream my lead male, Alex. I saw him so vividly just before I woke up and knew I had to write him!


Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

Yes, Summer’s End is the first book in the trilogy. It’s a YA Paranormal Romance with a twist! I’ve just finished editing book two.

Q) Can you give a fun or interesting fact about your book?

I don’t think anyone has written this twist on the genre before. Authors have written vampires, angels etc, but I think this is a fresh idea. I hope it is!

Q) What do you think is your strongest asset as a writer? …what is your weakest factor as a writer?

My imagination is my strongest, it never stops working and surprising me. My weakest is procrastination. I need to start book three but keep finding other things to do!

Q) Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

Yes, but don’t all writers? It’s a balancing act between both I think.

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

Depends. Alex was a gift. I just wrote him. I needed a conflict, and that’s when I wrote Summer.

Q) Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

I like a standalone. But these three should be read as you need to see the character arcs and plot over all three books.

 Q) What are your upcoming projects?

Book three! My publisher (Muse It Up Publishing) will be asking for it soon. Also, I’ve just self-published a YA fairy tale retelling CINDERFELLA on Amazon and JUST SAM, a contemporary teen romance.



Blurb

She wakes up in the hospital, badly burned with no identity.

He’s been trained to kill her before she burns the world to ashes.

When they finally meet, will he be able to take her life now that he’s started to feel for her?

His fate is already written.

The prophecy is already set.

Love between them is forbidden.

Buy Links





About Kristy Brown

Kristy Brown lives in England with her husband and two sons. She trained as an actress and has a degree in Contemporary Arts. After her first child was born she began writing a short story whilst he took a nap. That was the beginning of the "Kiera's Quest" teen fantasy series, which is published by 'Muse It Up Publishing.'

Kristy then went on to write "Summer's End," a YA Paranormal romance series, which will also be published with Muse It Up Publishing.

"Just Sam," is a YA/ Teen contemporary romance book set loosely in the world of tennis.
Kristy is currently editing her YA modern retelling of Cinderella, "Cinderfella." She is also writing the third book in the "Summer's End" series and has many more stories in mind, yet not enough time in the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment