07 February 2019

Five Authors I'd like ot Meet


1) Judith Tarr
     She is a science-fiction and fantasy author and her book Avaryan Rising changed my writing life forever. I'd had a few fantasy authors I loved (Lynn Flewelling, Neil Gaiman) but if you haven't read a Tarr book then you are missing out. She brings a richness to her narrative that made me want to be a better writer and I devoured her books.

2) JK Rowling
     Seriously, what writer wouldn't want to meet her? Not because she's famous and wrote, perhaps the best series of books EVER, but because she's a fan-frickin'-tastic author! I would love to have a moment to sit with her and pick her brain on story development.

3) Lisa Kleypas
    In my humble opinion, this is the best historical romance writer on the market right now. Yes, she's written some contemporary romance books, but her book Devil in Winter is one of my favorite books ever. I hear that there is a new St. Vincent book coming out....

4) Julia Quinn
    Every book by Julia Quinn makes me laugh out loud. She is the Queen of Romantic Humor and I bet sitting down with her and talking would be one huge laugh fest.

5) Oscar Wilde
    Oscar Wilde died 1900 in Paris France, and I've visited his grave two times. I've also visited the home where he lived while in exile in Paris. Although he is known for writing various plays, he wrote one novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray. It's one of my favorite books. I would love to be able to talk with him and let him know just how brilliant the literary world views his writing.

Please visit the others in the #evernighties series!

Katherine Wyvern:
https://katherinewyvern.blogspot.com/2019/02/five-authors-alive-or-dead-that-i-would.html?zx=9b3280c853f9fa0e&fbclid=IwAR35zhiwnSol_0c9g_DLTM_PuCMFpgquTPW5SOLsHdcz4MllV9_jkIqMsCQ


No comments:

Post a Comment