01 February 2019

Time Travel the Ancient World with Jennifer Macaire!


Hello Jennifer!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

 Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

Yes, it's part of a series, and although there is an explanation in the first chapter, it would be better to read the whole series. (I would say that, wouldn't I?) In short, the story is about Ashley, a woman from the future, who time travels back to meet Alexander the Great for a day – only he kidnaps her and strands her in his time. In this book, book 6 (there are 7 books in the series, so this is next to last!), Ashley and Alexander are headed towards the Land of the Eaters of the Dead, to save Alexander's soul, and to save the world from ending. In fact, the druids have decided to kidnap Alexander and Ashley's son and use him to unite their tribes and defeat the Romans. If this happens, then history, as Ashley knows it, will change, and the terrible Time Senders, in the far future, will erase her, and everyone she loves in order to arrest that change.

As you can see, it's a total fantasy based on the legend of Alexander the Great, and it's a mad romp through history with blood-thirsty druids, oracles, and Ashley with her two lovers, Alexander and Plexis.

 Q) Can you give a fun or interesting fact about your book?

Alexander the Great really did exist, and so did druids, and the fact is, if the Celtic tribes had been able to unite, then Rome would never have conquered Europe, and we would be living in a vastly different world. I love history, so I'm like a fish in water when I write about ancient times!

Q) What do you think is your strongest asset as a writer? …what is your weakest factor as a writer?

My strongest asset is my imagination – I can "what if" all day long, and I love to do research. My weakness is that I'm dyslexic, and if spell-check didn't exist, I probably couldn't be a writer! 

Q) Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

I write because I love to tell stories, and I'm not trying to please everyone (impossible, I know – I'm proof of that – I hated Fifty Shades of Gray, lol). There are a lot of triggers in my books (a threesome, rape scenes, people die) so I know that not everyone will like that. On the other hand, I'm a terrible realist, and even while writing science fiction or fantasy, I try to make it as real-life as possible. Shit happens, but I think that most people realize that. My books all have happy endings, which is important for me; I can't stand books that end like Hamlet!

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

I plan, plan, plan – but they still change and develop. Sometimes in ways I don't anticipate. I didn't plan for Alexander to kidnap Ashley – it was supposed to be a short story, but he thought she was the goddess Persephone, he wrenched her from the tele-port beam, and I went on to write a seven book series!

Well, book 7 is done, edited, and will be out in April, I think. I'm working on a new one, this time it's set in the crusades and it's just one book – no sequels this time! :-) 



The Soul of Time
by Jennifer Macaire

Ashley and Alexander come face to face with Volterix, the terrifying Thief of Souls – a druid with powers to stop time and change the future of the world.

Ashley and Alexander must travel to the far north in order to stop the Volterix from irrevocably changing time. With Alexander’s soul, and Paul as his puppet, the druid hopes he can stop the Roman legions from conquering Europe and thus save the druids from extinction. But Ashley knows that will not happen without the mysterious Time-Senders erasing all their lives.

In order to save herself, her children, and the men she loves, she has to somehow get Alexander’s soul back and find the druid’s lair.


Universal to buy link: getbook.at/Soul-of-Time


Author's bio: Jennifer Macaire is an American living in Paris. She likes to read, eat chocolate, and plays a mean game of golf. She grew up in upstate New York, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. She graduated from St Peter and Paul High School in St Thomas and moved to NYC where she modelled for five years for Elite. She went to France and met her husband at the polo club. All that is true. But she mostly likes to make up stories.

Blog (more fun): https://jennifermacaire.wordpress.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TimeforAlexander/
Instagram (for those who like pretty pictures): https://www.instagram.com/jennifermacaire/
twitter: @jennifermacaire
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jennifer-macaire

No comments:

Post a Comment