15 August 2019

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 33

Best Writing Advice I've Gotten


Writing advice is pretty standard. What was given to me is the same as I've passed on:

Read, read, read and write, write, write.

A writer reads and a writer writes.

Doesn't matter if it's one sentence a day...just write.

I don't think there was one piece of advice I stepped back and went "Woah, that's changed my life." If you want to be a better writer than always take criticism, whether good or bad, and don't let it discourage you. 


I've always said that writing a book is like building a house. You have to lay down the frame before you add the walls. I guess my own advice is the best I've ever gotten. Lay down the foundation, block out the frame. Then go back and build the home. Don't be scared to edit your own work.


No comments:

Post a Comment