14 May 2020

The Evernighties Blog Challenge - Week 20

How (what) does your garden grow and why?

Let me preface this whole blog by saying I don't have a green thumb. Growing up, I thought it would be cool to be in 4H, but part of that was growing a garden. And while I did accomplish that (with the help of my dad) I learned that I didn't like it at all. 

Growing up in rural Missouri, I learned all the how-to of a country life. Gardening. Picking. Blanching. Even canning, although I never did that consistently (and might not remember how to do thirty years later). I am not a fan of bugs and hated having to weed through the stalks, being surprised when spiders would come crawling out. 

I live in the city now and have no plans to have a garden, but one day, when Mike and I retire to the country, I might do a small plot of just a few things. That's a HUGE maybe. Tomatoes. Green beans. Maybe carrots. And this may even come down to if Mike wants to take on a garden that I'll probably abandon.

Now...if I could grow bottles of wine, that might be a whole different ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment