25 October 2019

Four Devilish Stories from Cassie O'Brien!


     1)      Tell us about the world your novel set in (eg: witches, ghosts, creature, etc).

One Hell of a Business is a small collection of 4 devil themed short stories, 3 contemporary and 1 medieval, set on Earth and in Hell.

     2)      What makes your world/character different from other books in the same genre?

My devils are gender fluid and manifest in whichever form suits their mood.

     3)      What is your favorite type of Paranormal story to read?

I love a good ghost story and as I more normally write romance, preferably with a love interest.

     4)      Do you believe in the paranormal? If so, have you ever had a paranormal experience?

I once had a psychic describe to me a ring of my late mother-in-law’s I was wearing on a chain out of sight beneath my sweater. A lucky guess or not, I don’t know but given an infinite universe in which we are less than a microdot to dismiss the possibility of paranormal existence has got to be about on a par with joining the Flat Earth Society.

     5)      Did you use any historical facts in your book?

I enjoyed researching the ‘big bang’ theory for ‘A Promise Redeemed’ and the timeline for the creation of Earth in the story is as factually accurate as current scientific ‘thinking’ can make it. 

     6)      What are your upcoming projects?

It’s back to the world of historical romance for me now. I’m writing a standalone romp set in the 1660’s at the court of Charles II while also co-authoring a Regency with the lovely Raven Mcallan.




When the Devil calls, you obey…

One Hell of a Business

Ouija boards…they don’t work. Do they? Two men and women find out when an apparition appears—one who isn’t what he seems. In disguise as someone they can trust, the demon infiltrates their minds and orchestrates one hell of a business.

Signed, Sealed, & Delivered

Daniel’s roving eye is going to get him into trouble—with the Devil. He makes a pact, promising what he has no intention of delivering, but after an encounter Daniel and his wife will never forget, he will have to seal the deal…

Eternal Reward

In the guise of Sir Richard, the Master’s disciple has only one thing in mind…and Alain is the target. A visit to an altar ensures the Devil has one more follower, and it proves that evil walks among us in seemingly innocent form…

A Promise Redeemed

Nicole is about to realize demons and devils don’t forget their promises. She’s lived a long life, but a vow made in her youth finally catches up with her. Someone arrives, once again enticing her, and she’s only too willing to follow…


Excerpt

From the Testament of Solomon (970bc – 931bc.) as translated by F.C. Conybeare for the Jewish Quarterly Review, xi. 20. – October 1898. Asmodeus’ replies to King Solomon while being questioned by him as to his name and function.

“I am called Asmodeus among mortals, and my business is to plot against the newly wedded, so they may not know one another. And I sever them utterly by many calamities; and I waste away the beauty of virgins and estrange their hearts.”

And I said: “Is this your only business?”         

And he answered: “I transport men into fits of madness and desire when they have wives of their own, so that they leave them and go off by night and day to others that belong to other men…”

*****

From the iPad of Asmodeus (2018) after reading Mr. Conybeare’s translation of the exchange of words between himself and Solomon as quoted in an article entitled The Ancient Tongues of Egypt on the tenth page of his daily newspaper while sitting at his desk in the library of his Fifth Avenue penthouse apartment—a rebuttal amusing to write but which would neither be published nor read by anyone other than himself.

And so you passed judgement on me, Solomon, and required the angel Raphael to bind me unto exile from Egypt, when in truth you are nothing but a hypocrite for questioning my actions. Afore you were no stranger to the despoiling of virgins yourself with seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines—many of whom were not totally overjoyed at the thought of your royal cock penetrating their intimate place as I well remember…

But still, your body is now dust on the wind, and your soul resides beyond the Pearly Gates of the most achingly boring plane of existence, whilst this Demon has rolled on through the centuries. Newly wedded innocence and virgins juicily mature enough to be of interest to me may be a bit thin on the ground in these modern times, but the adulterers are still going strong…

Although why restrict oneself to only one gender in this day and age, is what I say? I am called Asmodeus among mortals, and my business is an all-inclusive equal opportunities operation now.



Buy links

www.amazon.co.uk/One-Hell-Business-Other-Devilish-ebook/dp/B07YYK3B54


www.amazon.com/One-Hell-Business-Other-Devilish-ebook/dp/B07YYK3B54


Ebook - 99p or read for free in Kindle Unlimited. Paperback also available



Where to find Cassie
Facebook page.

And my romance stories can be found on my publisher's website

No comments:

Post a Comment