28 February 2019

What Would I Invent if I were Stuck on an Island?



Week #9 Writing Challenge... What would I invent if I were stuck on an island?

I've often thought about what I would need/want if I were stuck on a deserted island. Why have I often thought this?...I haven't a clue. I'm weird. But whether or not it stems from the movie "Castaway" or from reading "Surviving Raine" by Shay Savage, I figured there are a few things that would be absolutely necessary to survive living on an island.

The logical item would be a satellite phone to call for help.

Or a boat.

But my knee-jerk answer is chapstick.  And maybe a book to keep my mind occupied. As a writer there's nothing worse than being impotent on being able to write. If I had a book, at least that would keep me occupied.

Until I memorized the entire thing and then started acting out the scenes. I'd have to play all parts, of course, and if it was a romance then it'd get kinda awkward during the sex scenes.

….But I digress.

That's not what this post is about. It's about what I would INVENT.

I'd invent chapstick, since I would not have any access to writing utensils, paper, and a printing press to invent a book. Somehow...someway...I'd try to invent something to put on my lips so they wouldn't chap. There is nothing worse (as a personal beauty thing) than having dry lips. Maybe I'd use coconuts. Or fish goo.  Or find a plant that would help. Obviously, I will have a lot of time on my hands to figure out the correct ingredients.

To see what the other Evernighties have come up with in their writing challenge this week, check out the other blog posts!

https://meganmorganauthor.com
https://katherinewyvern.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment