03 August 2021

Surviving an Avalanche....Romance on the Go with Elizabeth Monvey

 


Hello!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

Q) Is your book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

No, this is a stand-alone short story. I tend to think of it as part of my “Weather Series”, although there’s nothing official. This book is about an avalanche. I have one about a tornado and an earthquake. I’ll be featuring those too.

Q) What was the hardest (or easiest) scene to write?

Having my hero, Tolliver, survive an avalanche. I had to first research if it was possible and that’s when I began to read about how parachutes are used to help rise above the snow.

Q) What type of research did you do for your book?

Lots and lots of reading! I looked up all sorts of online skiing protocols to find the do’s & don’ts.

Q) Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

Both. I like writing the stand-alone stories, but I’m also trying to find a way to build a great body of work that entertains people.

Q) What are your upcoming projects?

I’m working on a story of a man, dealing with mother issues, who finds the man of his dreams (only he didn’t realize he was into men).


WHERE TO BUY

EVERNIGHT PUBLISHING * SMASHWORDS * AMAZON * KOBO


    Jin-Pyoo is an Olympic Alpine skier who has been reared all his life to focus on winning a medal.  His father is harsh and demanding, but when he orders Jin to stop being friends with ski resort owner, Tolliver St. James, Jin has to decide if he should continue with his Olympic dream or follow his heart.

    Tolliver St. James knows that Jin is the man for him.  They’ve been in a relationship for two years and he wants them to be publicly out, but Jin wants them to keep hiding in the shadows.  When Jin’s father forces Jin into an engagement to a woman, Tolliver is afraid of losing his lover forever.

    But when Tolliver is caught in grips of an avalanche, Jin knows he can’t live his life without him and it’s a race against time to find the man he loves more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment