15 August 2018

Q & A with Cassie O'Brien!


Hello! Cassie  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

A) I prefer to write a complete story from a start point to its happy ever after with no loose ends, then wave a fond farewell to that particular set of characters to make room in my head for the next set.

Q) What do you think is your strongest asset as a writer? …what is your weakest factor as a writer?

A) I constantly review/edit and I’m not afraid to hit the delete key. Thousands of words will disappear if on a re-read I think the story has gone off track. My strongest asset is also my weakest as it ensures I’m a ‘slow’ writer. Each of my books takes me a year+ to produce.  

Q) Do you have any habits that get you in the writing frame of mind?

A) I always re-read the previous two chapters before starting a new day’s writing.

Q) Do you plan all your characters out before you start a story or do they develop as you write?

A) I have a fear of turning out basically the same main character time after time just in differing times and situations, so in the first instance I plan and write a rough outline of the personality traits my main character will have then they evolve further as I write.

Q) How much real life do you put into or influences your books?

A) Of my own personal ‘life’ experiences very little but I undertake a lot of research to ensure my background material is plausibly realistic.

Q) What are your upcoming projects?

A) I have a new m/f contemporary romance, Ellie’s Rules, nearing completion and in Spring 2019 Rainbow Fantasy publishes a charity anthology (all proceeds to National Aids Trust). All stories are LBGT and my contribution ‘One Hell of a Business’ (Demonic erotica) will be included in it.


Blurb.

‘You marry a man and he owns you. I won’t do it.’ Will falling in love change her mind?

Victorian England, 1870 

Lady Henrietta escapes from a locked bedroom and her stepfather’s attempt to starve her into agreeing to an arranged marriage that will only be of benefit to him. Underage, she must avoid his clutches until she turns twenty-one, and as Amelia Brown, she finds employment as a maid in the household of Damion, Marquis of Ashton.

High-spirited and fiercely independent, Amelia has a chance encounter with Damion, which establishes a powerful attraction between the two. Their passion ignites, the sex between them of an unrestrained delight that is contrary to the customs of the times.

But the storm clouds are gathering. Amelia will have to take desperate measures to protect herself and the man she loves.

Reader advisory: This book contains references to the abuse and killing of animals, as well as a scene of violence.

General Release Date: 31st July 2018


Excerpt.

I removed my mouth from his cock, wondering what to do with the cream, so swallowed it, licked the last drop from the slit on it to taste and found the saltiness not unpleasant to my tongue. Damion urged me upward and I moved under his arm and rested my cheek on his chest to the rapid beat of his heart as he put his arms around me.

“That was agreeable to you? You did not mislike the taste of me?”

I adjusted the weight of my breasts squashed against him. “All of it was very agreeable to me. I thank you. Do some, then?”

“Some mislike the taste of a man’s seed in their mouths—others, the activity completely.”

I kissed his chest. “I found pleasure in both. I think I may have to use both of my hands on the length of you to match the one of yours?”

“No. The sensation is all in the head of me and the ball sack beneath. It added to my pleasure to hear your own.”

I rolled onto his chest and peeked up at him. “Oh, dear. Have I just displayed my lack of female sensibility again?”

He stroked down my back. “More delightful to me than small, brief sighs of appreciation. I thank you.”

I giggled as the probability of lying still while sighing popped into my head. “Am I supposed to lie still while I sigh?”

Damion kissed the end of my nose. “I believe reclining with a due amount of posed grace and the occasional murmur of encouragement is considered a sign of true breeding in a Lady.”

I let the rest of my laugh out. “It is as well I have given up on being one, then. I could no more manage that than I can stop myself laughing out loud to suit Society’s comfort or pretend I do not have legs to suit its notion of respectability.”


Buy Links.




No comments:

Post a Comment