22 December 2019

Holiday Interview with Elyzabeth M. Valey!


1)      How long did it take you to write Weekend Magic (A Christmas Realm Tale)?

It took me approximately two months.

     2)      What inspired your holiday theme?

The magic of Christmas! I love the holiday season and the idea that during this time anything can be possible. That’s why The Christmas Realm is a magical place where myth and fairytale become reality.

It all started two years ago when I wrote the first book in the series, The Beauty of Forever. I had this idea in which the magic of Christmas and Santa was also a business –a very big one- filled with paranormal creatures who worked for the Jolly Ol’man. With every book I’ve been exploring new areas of this world and I absolutely love it!

     3)      When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I’m pretty sure it happened when I was around 8.

    4)      Do you have a writing quirk, or a habit when you write?

Not really.

     5)      What is your favorite holiday song? ….What is your least favorite?

My favorite holiday song is Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas is you. I can be found singing it at the top of my lungs at any given moment during the holiday season. LOL

My least favorite is Peace on Earth. I just can’t get into it.

     6)      What made this story special to you?

To be honest, I love everything about this story. In Weekend Magic, a new area of The Christmas Realm opened up to me. It’s a place of astounding beauty and at the same time, just like all of the Realm, it’s a part of Santa’s business. Karnon, the hero, is an elk shifter, and I admit I loved creating his character and exploring the forest with him. While writing the story I just felt all of it was permeated with magic.

     7)      How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your stories?

Usually, I’m in love with my characters and their story, so when I’m writing the idea of getting it out there and sharing with my readers a new setting or a new love story is what keeps me going.

     8)      Do you have any special holiday traditions you like to share?

Every Christmas I like to make what we call at home “Cuban eggnog”.  It’s really easy to make and absolutely delicious. It’s also incredibly sweet because it includes condensed milk. I have a huge sweet-tooth.

Buy Links  

Evernight Publishing  ~ Amazon.com ~ Bookstrand~ Amazon.uk~ Smashwords  ~ Nook ~ Kobo




Author Bio and social media links

Elyzabeth M. VaLey is a writer of sizzling, sexy romance who firmly believes in happy ever after.  From paranormal to contemporary, fantasy, or historical, she enjoys exploring her characters' darker side and writing stories about tortured heroes, strong heroines, and all that comes between them and their love.

When she's not writing, she can be found walking in the Spanish countryside with her black Lab and Golden Retriever mix, exploring castles, or enjoying some tapas with her friends. 


Follow her at:

Blog
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram (@elyvaley)
Goodreads
Pinterest 
Amazon
Bookbub








No comments:

Post a Comment