22 December 2012

Post Blog Hop & Gluten Free Cookies

Thanks to everyone who took time to visit with me over the past week.  Congrats to Cassandra and Mydurango618 from the Candy Kane Kink blog hop!

I know the tragedy of Newtown CT has been talked about incessantly, but I want to encourage everyone to practice the 26 Acts of Kindness to honor the memory of the victims.  I have done 5 already. 

And finally, I've posted a gluten free cookie recipe below.  I've recently found out I'm going to have to go gluten free and though I know it's going to be extremely hard and I may slip and slide along the way, at least I can start practicing now.

Please have a wonderful and safe holiday! 

Iced Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose)
  • 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • Dash of salt
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
  • Cream cheese icing

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until fully mixed.
  3. In another bowl, whisk the flour, xantham gum and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir after each addition.
  4. Roll about 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough (each) into balls and place 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 11 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
  5. Once chilled completely, ice with cream cheese icing!

No comments:

Post a Comment