09 May 2019

The Evernighties Blog Challange - Week 19

My Most Romantic Memory

The easy answer is when my husband proposed to me.

You see, I just got married. May 4th. I married my best friend, my playmate. The love of my life.

This is how he did it...

I knew a week after we began dating he was the man I was going to marry. As a romance author I've written about insta-love and been criticized for it because it doesn't really happen in real life. But now I can justify any of my stories that involve insta-love because it happened to me.

Mike and I dated for about nine months before we moved in together. We lived together for two years. In May 2018 Mike and I went on a mini-vacation. Our plan was to spend the first night in Flagstaff Arizona because we were going to stargaze at the Observatory there. Then the following day we were heading to Phoenix to attend a concert to one of Mike's favorite bands, The Fratellis.

We arrived at the Lowell Observatory at dusk and made our way to the first building. There were about five that had active stargazing going on. Once the night fully came down, Mike suggested we head to a gazebo on a hill. We bypassed a few deer and when we sat down, we were totally alone overlooking the city of Flagstaff.

Then Mike says to me, "You are the brightest star in my universe. Would you be my princess?"

And he brought out the ring. A beautiful white gold with three blue diamonds, representing the three most important men in my life: him (obviously), my son and my father.  All three were born in September so the blue diamond was their stone (yes, sapphire is technically September's birthstone, but the blue diamonds are gorgeous).

So, that is my most romantic memory so far. He did everything right (as far as a proposal went). And now, I get to spend the rest of my life with my soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment