13 June 2019

The Evernighties Blog Challenge Week 24

Item I Can't Live Without

I'm going to go with the word "item" in this challenge, because there are obviously people I can't live without. My son is one. My husband is another. I never want to imagine life without them.

So if we're focusing on an item, there are a few. Chapstick is one. I absolutely can not stand when my lips are dry. Drives me batty. I probably have a dozen Chapsticks lying around my home, one in each coat and jacket pocket. I must have Chapstick. My favorite is peppermint because it seems to last the longest, although I don't like the taste of peppermint. Ironic, eh?

The other item I can't live without is something to write with and paper. Stories are constantly in my head and I might go mad if I can't write them down. I would've said laptop, but I have to think about the battery dying.

What if I'm on a deserted island by myself? Then I would say a satellite phone so I can call for rescue.

What if it's the zombie apocalypse? Then weapons, of course. Something that doesn't need bullets because you'll run out of those.

What if it's the end of the world? Books. Something I don't mind reading over and over again. I would be the person who went on quests to find new books to read.

What if I'm at the end of my life? Then a kiss from the people I love. I wouldn't mind taking a kiss from them into the afterlife. To know I'm loved and will be missed is all a person can ask for at the end of their life.

**Make sure to check out the other Evernighties blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment