30 June 2019

Blast from the Past...Spotlighting Cassie O'Brien's "The Girls' Club"


A girl with darkness in her past. A man who can heal her wounds.
A dark night. A shortcut through the park. A nineteen-year-old girl is violently mugged.
Four years later…
Ness lives in London with her flatmate Jules—single, carefree but shadowed by the darkness of the violence that has created a distrust of strangers and the inability to have a sexual relationship with a man who is not first a friend. Then she meets Jason…
Their attraction is powerful, their sex incredible and they are compatible in other ways, too, but Ness’ insecurities come to the fore. She doesn’t have the life experience to determine whether Jason feels the same—and the antics of her co-workers aren’t helping.
Jason—who has mysterious ties to his business and the artworld—must recognize that his attractiveness to other females is an issue before the sudden threat he encounters puts them both in danger of not being together at all or suffering a deadly fate.

 
Q & A  

            1. Did you plot this book out or write wherever an idea took you?

I plot a rough outline then see where the creative process takes me. I like to set down the 1st couple of chapters then I write scenes ‘out of order’ according to where my imagination takes me.

            2.  Did you leave out anything in this book that you wished you hadn’t?

Lol – no. In fact, my publisher asked me to take 10,000 words out, it was so long. Originally, The Girls’ Club came in at 130k words and is still a super-plus size novel but at a more readable 119k words.

 3.  Do you believe a book cover plays an important role in the selling process?

I think an eye-catching cover is essential, especially for on-line sales where a prospective reader can scroll past 10’s of titles in an instant.



EXCERPT  

I slipped my hands into Jason’s back jeans pockets and squeezed. “Not going to happen. I don’t like people standing close if I don’t know them. I take steps to avoid it. It’s why I don’t do clubs or any venue that gets too crowded.”

“The Barleymow last week?”

“Was fine. I knew a lot of people there. It’s a crowd full of complete strangers that sets my teeth on edge.”

Jason kissed the top of my head. “You get knocked off your feet in a crowd or something sometime because you’re so small, Ness?”

I kissed his chest and smiled upward. “Yeah. Getting knocked off my feet and getting hurt because of it just about sums it up. Now, did you say you had some wine in there or shall we stay out here and continue to delight your neighbors?”

“Just one more for Mrs. Noakes, then. She’ll have her nose firmly pressed up against the window. I’m sure she’s being waiting for me to do something scandalous ever since I moved in.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and giggled as he kissed my lips, lifted me, threw me over his shoulder, patted my butt then walked to the street door, holding me with one arm while he used the other the other to tap in the entry code. Jason stood me on my feet inside the entrance lobby.

“Right. If she wants any more than that she can get herself over to Amsterdam for a floor show like everyone else.”

I laughed and slipped my hand into his as he called for the lift, put my bag on my shoulder and cuddled in around his waist when the lift doors closed. Jason cupped my butt with his hands. “You got a case of butt love there?”

Jason squeezed. “Cutest little one I’ve ever laid my hands on.

I nipped my teeth on his neck. “So, would you like to do my butt?”

“Yes, that.” I kissed his neck.

“You want me to bend over the back of your sofa, maybe?”

He pressed me closer and I breathed deeper as his cock hardened against me. “Please.”

O'Brien, Cassie. The Girls' Club . Totally Bound Publishing. Kindle Edition.


WHERE TO BUY

https://www.totallybound.com/book/the-girls-club

https://www.amazon.com/Girls-Club-Cassie-OBrien-ebook/dp/B078HG6LHL

https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the-girls-club-3

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-girls-club-cassie-obrien/1127687816


No comments:

Post a Comment