I’ve joined a group called Topic Tuesdays which is sure to be very interesting. Check out the others in the link at the bottom. This week's question is:
"What 5 Halloween films are either your favorites (and why) or which 5 Halloween films scared the bejesus out of you (and how?)?"
Now, I’m such a lover of Halloween I think I’ll try to answer both these questions, although I haven’t seen too many obvious horror films.
1) Shaun of the Dead – In my opinion, the best zombie flick out there. Hilarious. I love Simon Pegg in all his incarnations.
2) The Walking Dead – Can I name a tv show? Do I really need to say why I love this show? It’s zombies!
3) Near Dark & The Lost Boys – Tied for my favorite 80’s vampire flicks.
4) Corpse Bride – Love the love story.
5) The Watcher in the Woods – Many might discount this as a Halloween movie, but it’s creepy as all get out. Human girl trapped by aliens, alien presence perceived as a ghost…and it stars Betty Davis.
Scared the Bejesus out of me:
1) House of Wax – Original, of course, with Vincent Price. Saw this as a little girl and it gave me nightmares. Although anything with Vincent Price usually gives me nightmares.
2) The Evil Dead – The girl singing “We’re gonna get you” stayed with me for a very long time.
3) The Grudge – That ghost thing crawling down the stairs backwards and sideways…ug! And then I found out that was a real woman able to do that and that disturbed me even more.
4) It – Clown. Need I say more?
5) Poltergeist – Once again, saw this as a kid. Wow, it definitely scared the bejesus out of me!