26 January 2014

Ringing in the New Year Blog Hop

 
www.fantasypromotions.blogspot.com

 
Another year is on our doorstep.  Out goes 2013 and in comes the promise of something new, something better.  New Year’s Eve builds our hope that the coming year will be different.  That we’ll be different.  Some will vow to finally lose weight.  Some will vow to quit smoking, work harder, be a better person or spend more time with the kids.  Resolutions are a tradition and yet breaking them is also a tradition.  Some of us even make bets on when they’ll be broken.

I make the same pledge every year…to live life to the fullest of each day.  And I don’t mean I have to go out and climb a mountain every day.  What I mean is living life to the needs and wants I have that morning when I wake up.  It may be just getting enough energy to take a shower after a night of insomnia.  It may be finishing the chapter that’s been giving me a headache.  Or, it may simply be taking my son to the park after school.  I never want to realize at the end of the day that I didn’t do something that made me feel good about myself.
             
But that doesn’t mean I don’t an extra resolution or two.  My family is taking a trip to Japan in 2017 to climb Mt. Fuji and I need to be in shape to hike up that mountain so I resolve to hit the gym at least three days a week.  I also resolve to be a best selling writer (hey, positive thoughts never hurt anyone, right?). 

For whatever resolution you may have or make, I wish you nothing but the best.  Happy New Year, the birth of 2014.  I raise my glass and toast to the promise of a new beginning.  Happy writing.  Happy reading.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are lots of prizes to be given away!  First of all, thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me.  On the 29th, I'll be a Featured Author for promotion so please follow the link to enter:

http://fantasypromotions.blogspot.com/2014/01/ringing-in-new-year-with-beth-d-carter.html

I'll be giving away a PDF ebook of my featured book Lights, Camera, Love Story

Blurb:

Jake Coolidge is Hollywood’s hot new star.  Growing up in Los Angeles among the film sets his father worked on, Jake knows fame is fickle so he lives life to the fullest.  He never has to search far for a pretty face with an amazing body to fill his bed, and he never, ever, promises fidelity.

Norah Scaritt has lived her whole life in a fantasy world.  Knowing she would never be the girl to wear a bikini or short shorts, she’s come to accept that she has curves even though she secretly wishes she was one of the slim, beautiful models that decorates Jake’s arm.

She’s written a movie script that she knows Jake will be perfect for, but she’s ill prepared for the magnetic attraction she feels for him.  As she tries to form a professional bond with him, his hot and cold attitude breaks her heart one too many times.  Can Jake save a love that he denied before he’s lost the only person that ever really mattered?

Excerpt:

“Hello?” she asked softly.
“Hello, Norah Scaritt?” a deep male voice asked.
“Yes?”
“This is Jake Coolidge. I work with your cousin Jill.”
Norah’s mind went blank. She pulled her phone away and looked at it, as if that was going to give her divine answers to thinking. Oh god! And that’s as far as her brain got.
“Hello? Miss Scaritt?”
“Uh…yes. I’m here.” She hoped Jake Coolidge could not hear the breathless quiver in her voice. She glanced behind her at the other customers and got out of line so she could have a private moment with Jake Coolidge!
She moved the phone away to clear her throat and then returned it. But it was impossible to steady her pounding heartbeat so she didn’t even try.
“Yes, Mr. Coolidge, I’m here. How may I help you?” She gave a fist pump her voice came out sounding normal.
“Last month Jill gave me your script to read and I was hoping we could meet for lunch and talk about it.”
Had she just died?
Because no frickin’ way had Jake Coolidge just asked her to lunch!
“Definitely,” she murmured calmly. “Is there a day that works well with you?”
“How about tomorrow?”
“I am free tomorrow.”
“Great. I live in Malibu. There’s a great little café on the PCH, just past Las Floras Canyon Road called The Applegate. Meet me there about noon?”
“That sounds nice. Thank you for your call.”
He gave a smooth chuckle. “My pleasure. See you tomorrow, Miss Scaritt.”
And he clicked off.
Norah stood there for a long moment, staring at her phone, wondering if she’d just dreamed the whole conversation with Jake Coolidge.
Jake frickin’ Coolidge!
She jumped up in the air with a whoop of joy and then danced in a circle. It took her a few minutes to realize that she was still in the post office and everyone in line was looking at her and smiling.
She held up the phone. “Good news.”
The woman closest to her smiled. “Congratulations. Is this your package?”
“Oh. Yeah. Holy heck, I’ve got to run. Thank you!”
She grabbed the box and hurried out the door, her fingers already speed-dialing Jill. Her cousin answered on the second ring.
“Guess who I have a lunch date with tomorrow?” she asked, not even bothering to give a greeting.
“Um, Brad Pitt?”
“Why would I have a lunch date with Brad Pitt?”
“How would I know?”
“Jake Coolidge called me!”
“Really? He must have read your screenplay!”
“Yep. That’s what he wants to talk about. What do you think that means?”
“I think it means he wants to talk about your screenplay.”



 Follow Me:


No comments:

Post a Comment