30 January 2018

Raven McAllan Visit with her New Release!


Hello Raven!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you. 

R:- Thank you for inviting me. I’m so excited about Darling Doc. Just shut me up if I ramble on too long...

So tell me…
Q) How did you dream up the dynamics of your characters?
I thought I’d lot my ability to write hot. To say it worried me was an understatement. I had so many thing, I knew I wanted to write, but no inclination. It seems I just needed the right characters. The minute I pictured them, I knew their story would scorch the pages, in the best possible way. The heroine Sandy, is name after a fantastic supported of mine, and the hero Alistair is the name of a friend and which fits my hero to a ‘T’.

Q) Is this book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?
Hopefully it’s the first book in a series called Naughty Forties. The hero and heroine are at that very interesting age. Makes for a lot of fun. Old enough to have seen a bit of life, and young enough not to creak too much. Wink The next book’s working title is The Awesome Ladies Supper Club.

Q) Can you give a fun or interesting fact about your book?
The water bottle scene really happened. To me. I was in the situation I put Sandy, my heroine in. Sadly the rest is all from my imagination.

Q) What gave you the inspiration for your book?
That water bottle scenario. I giggled about it, shared in my Fb group, and was told I just had to put it in a book. Then while I was in Hong Kong, and chatting to my ex-hairdresser who now lives there, I bounced the idea off him. He was ‘go for it’.

Q) Do you have any habits that get you in the writing frame of mind?
Nope. I just open the lap top and get on with it. And write whoever shouts loudest.

Q) How much real life do you put into or influences your books?
I love using places I know. Hence Darling Doc is set in a mythical village in the Trossachs in Scotland. I also have a book, hopefully out next year set in Hong Kong, my favourite city in the world. (Which I’ve used before) I’ve also set alot of books in Scotland, Devon, London, Barbados...

Q) What are your upcoming projects?
How long have we got?
Writing wise, I have... deep breath a Regency to finish, that I am extending from 14k to 70. It’s contracted and needs to be with the publisher by August. That sounds a long while away, but it’s probably one of the hardest things I’ve done. Trying to weave a short story into all the added back story, extra scenes, and not lose the thread or timeline, is exhilarating, scary and difficult. But great fun.
And... I have another round of edits due for my first ever chick lit, The Pop up Bookshop on the Cliffs, (Cliff Cottage) which is due out in May, (That’s coimng out under my sweeter alter ego, Katy Lilley). Then finish off a contemporary sweet romance set in Scotland and Hong Kong, and a saga to write. All either contracted or under consideration.
And a bit of fun with a serious side. A story about a group of blokes who expect to go on a golf week and end up doing a lot more. I was at a charity dinner in aid of the RNIB, and somehow raised several hundred pounds by ‘offering’ (I say that tongue-in-cheek) to write a book with peoples names in it. As they all paid very well for the privilege, I’m trying to decide if I go ‘hot’ (very tempted... Tony the lizard—long tongue ;), Clive the silver fox, smooth and sophisticated, Geraint the magnificent and so on...) or do a sort of a chick lit. Both are muttering. Neither screaming yet, but...
And of course The Awesome Ladies supper club.
I better get a move on...

Anyway before all that, Darling Doc will be with you...


Blurb...
This stuff only happens in romance novels….
After a chance meeting on a crowded tram, Sandy has cause to re-evaluate several things.
1, It is perfectly possible to lust after a stranger.
2, It isn’t only fictional heroines who need to carry spare panties.
3, A man’s voice really can almost make you climax in public.
4, Great sex does exist.
5, Being a doctor can complicate things.
When her chance encounter turns up in her surgery, there is only one thing for it. Grab said hunk and the sex on offer with both hands and don’t let go. Alistair isn’t a patient after all… and what two consenting adults get up to in their spare time can’t be love, or can it?

  
(Sandy is on a tram in Edinburgh when Scotland are playing New Zealand at rugby. The tram goes past the stadium, and is full to bursting with fans.)

We were all sweating—neat whisky in half the bodies I reckoned. Then when the tram lurched to a halt, the doors opened, and half a dozen more blokes crowded in.
Somebody pressed into me, and as the pole thing you hang onto unless you want to end up on the floor, and probably show your knickers was about an inch from my boobs, there was no way I could have given whoever it was any more room.
Then holy hell, I wished I had.
Something was pressed into the crack of my ass.
Yeah… A long, hard cock-shaped something.
Definitely not everything.
Oh shite. I had no idea what I could do. Talk about stuck between a rock (or is that cock?) and a hard place, and I wasn’t sure which was which.
“Hell, I’m so bloody sorry.”
Oh my blooming God. That voice was panty-dropping, salivating hotness. All of a sudden I couldn’t give a toss what was pressed up against me.
“It’s a water bottle, honestly,” the same sex on legs voice said. “I’ll show you when we get to Murrayfield. If I tried now I would be had up for sexual harassment.”
“Ah, it’s fine.” Sheesh, I sounded like a breathless twelve year old. Time to grow up. “Don’t worry. If it was anything else it wouldn’t be in its original shape now, busy carriage or not.”
He laughed. “Ohhh, feisty lady.”
I stiffened. Blokes usually said that in a detrimental manner. He sounded impressed.
“Nuh-oh, don’t hit me. That was a compliment.”
How did he read my mind?
“I wouldn’t dream of it.” Shit, talk about frosty voice, but honestly, what was he like? And I didn’t mean hot. After all, I still hadn’t seen his face. “I’m not so uncouth.”
“That’s good then,” he said with a lilt to his voice that just got to me deep down inside. The tram slowed. “And here we are. Are you coming to the match?”
The doors opened, and people began to push past me to get out. The pressure from behind disappeared as I held in to the pole in front of me and gradually found space to breathe.
A water bottle waved in front of my eyes, and then a male body appeared.
Dressed in a kilt that actually suited his shape.
And oh my, what a shape.  Hot as Hades. Mid-forties, I guessed, with long black hair in a plait and smoky grey eyes. I’m a sucker for both of those. Add in that smooth as chocolate velvet voice and, God almighty, an earring. Now if he had a secret tattoo, I’d be butter.
“Right then, this is to show you I was telling the truth.” He dropped the bottle in my hands, sketched a wave, and got off the tram just as the doors began to close. I watched him walk away. Yeah, his rear was as hot as his front.
And I had no idea who he was.
Damn it to hell.
The carriage now held a dozen people, and we all grabbed a seat. There were a lot of heartfelt sighs heard.
I looked at the water bottle. Unopened and one of those designer ones.
Now if this was one of those scorching romances I’ll own up to reading, he would have written his phone number on it.
As it was a tram in Edinburgh, and the rugby took precedence over everything, he hadn’t.
 But even so, now I knew the bloke I would have shagged there and then, drank designer water and wore a kilt.
I wondered if he was a true Scotsman?

You can find all you need to know about me, all sides of me wink





1 comment: