21 October 2019

You'll Clap for this Fairy by Ellen Mint!

One hot lumberjack, a rustic cabin in the woods, whipped cream and lattes, princes, magic, and fairy wings. This is not the vacation I wanted, but it might be the one I need.



      1)      Tell us about the world your novel set in.

What if everything we love about autumn—the leaves changing, the crunchy apples, the crisp nights, and the warm fires—were brought about by a fairy realm? It exists both within the same earth as our world and in a different dimension entirely. In it, the trees and festive gourds are gigantic—some reaching the size of a library—but the fairies are human sized. They all have pretty wings that shed glitter and glow. In the story, there’s a color change ceremony where all of the fairies become a bright red and pass that through the trees to change the leaves.

      2)      What makes your world/character different from other books in the same genre?

I have the various seasons at a literal war. As Autumn is trapped between Summer and Winter, it is constantly having to fend off the encroaching attacks to their domain from both heat and cold. Which makes the prince being tricked into falling for a Winter Fairy that kingdom shaking.

      3)      What is your favorite type of Paranormal story to read?

I like the ones that dig up obscure monsters and tales, and weave something new with them. There are so many wacky and strange folklores across the globe and I love learning about them.

      4)      Is this book part of a series?

Yes, called Holidays of Love. It started with GettinLucky, which is free and involves a man with a lucky coin who might be a secret leprechaun. Each book is a standalone romance that combines a holiday with a sexy paranormal man who sweeps a woman off her feet.

     5)      Are you planning on writing more in the paranormal world?

I have an idea for what to do to celebrate Pi Day, as well as Arbor Day (I’m from Nebraska where we created the tree planting holiday). I also have another series called Wild Menage. The first book is about two hot mermen that rescue a woman from a forced marriage. Reefcake is already out. The second in the series will involve viking werewolves and I can’t wait to write it.

     6)      What are your upcoming projects?

A short story about a woman who gets a gift on her birthday that turns out to be her own, personal incubus. And on the Contemporary spectrum, I hope to write a modern gender flipped Sense & Sensibility for NaNoWriMo. Fingers crossed.



Buy Link:

Jenny

After a broken heart, I had to get away from the city. Escaping to a cabin in the woods deep into autumn sounded perfect. Peace. Solitude. Just me, my books, and my coffee fix. Next thing I know a gorgeous man chainsawing downed trees is sweeping me off my feet.

Literally, as it turns out he’s a fairy. Not just any fairy either. No, he’s a freaking Prince in exile.

Now I’m trapped in the kingdom of the autumn fairies while assassins lurk in every shadow. Every day Scott, who rose to fill in for the ill King, slips further from me. Time is ticking and soon I’ll have to return home. The question is will the once-disgraced Prince, sweet as caramel and sinful as cinnamon, come with me.

Scott

There are few regrets I wear harder in my heart than what led me to abandon my throne, my people, my kingdom. When I was banished to the human realm, I thought to live out my days protecting the forests. That changed the day this breathtaking human in leggings approached me.

In her, I found that which I thought was lost forever, home. It doesn’t hurt that she’s got a body worthy of worship either.

I never anticipated a return to my kingdom, much less dragging a human with me. Now, I have an opportunity to regain everything I lost. But, after all this time I find myself wondering if being king of the autumn fairies is what I truly want or if my heart aches for another.


This novel is a celebration of all things autumn. Grab a blanket, pour yourself a warm drink, and snuggle by the fire to fall in love.




About Author

Ellen Mint adores the adorkable heroes who charm with their shy smiles and heroines that pack a punch. She has a needy black lab named after Granny Weatherwax from Discworld. Sadly, her dog is more of a Magrat.

Her first two books, Undercover Siren and Fever are available in both ebook and paperback. Gettin’ Lucky and Reefcake are two of her newest paranormals in the Wild Ménage series. Her next book Pride & Pancakes is to be released by Totally Bound. Look for it Christmas 2019.

Links









No comments:

Post a Comment