19 April 2020

Blast From the Past...Dark Journey by Elizabeth Monvey

Cax, Alisander and Hark are mated, but the true test of their devotion for each other awaits.  

The three warriors must face the challenge of joining the Mercenary Guild.  Since their union is unusual, they must undergo a test, one that will show if they are worthy of being Mercenaries.  

A potion sends them into an alternate world where they each must confront an inner demon.  
Ali must find his warrior self, Hark is sent to confront the dragon he never got to slay, and Cax can’t stand the thought of losing either mate, until he is sent into a battle with both Hark and Ali needing help.  He must choose one, but how can he?  

It is a journey each must face…alone.
 1)      How long did it take you to write?
Dark Journey is a continuation of a story I wrote years ago. It’s part two of my book Dark Rider. I loved writing this very medieval type story set in a fantasy world. As a whole, it needed work, so I broke them into two stories which made it easier to manage the narrative.
     
      2)      Do you have a writing quirk, or a habit when you write?
I like to listen to classical music or soundtracks when I write. Music puts me into a certain mindset which evokes emotion, which allows me to tap into the soul of the story.
     
      3)      How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your stories?
My book sales are a supplement to my incomes, so my motivation is a monetary one, but also, I love completing a story. Of getting what’s in my head onto paper.






When Lord Hark is stabbed, his uncle, the Governor of Eyvindar, hires a Mercenary to protect his heir. Hark resents having a babysitter, but when he meets Cax he’s unprepared for the spark of attraction between them.

Cax is a Mercenary, living by the code of his Guild. He is hired to protect Hark, even though it seems Hark’s biggest enemy is himself as he drowns in moon-ivy wine every day. But Cax can’t deny his attraction to the warrior, nor can he deny his attraction to Hark’s loyal servant, Alisander.

Alisander has been by Hark’s side almost his whole life. He is in love with Hark, pining over the impossibility of their relationship, but when he meets Cax he sees a future away from the servant life he’s been confined to—and even more than that in the Mercenary’s arms.

They are all three from different walks of life but manage to find love. Yet they need to discover the truth of the threat closing in on Hark, before it’s too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment