04 April 2020

Patricia Bates

Hello!  Thank you so much for visiting Written Butterfly with me today!  It’s such a pleasure to chat with you.  So tell me…

Q) Is your book part of a series?  If so, can you tell us about it?

No, A Hunter’s Desire isn’t part of a series. I thought about it but after I wrote it I figured it wasn’t meant to be. A Hunter’s Desire features small town, rural Saskatchewan, an is a paranormal suspense romance. Though the paranormal aspect is a bit misleading as its about a physical medium and not dragons, shapeshifters, etc. 

Q) What was the hardest (or easiest) scene to write?
Hmm the hardest scene to write is probably Rebel’s kidnapping scene. Writing it was unique considering I wanted to involve some of the minor characters. 

Q) What type of research did you do for your book?

The biggest thing I researched was on being a physical medium. What they do, how they do it, what’s it like. I wanted it to be as authentic as possible. 

Q) What made this story special to you?
It’s the first story I’ve written under Patricia Bates that features two male characters. 

Q) Do you have a favorite book you’ve written?

Master’s Mistress - my first book. A historical romance set in ancient Ireland.

Q) Do you write in a linear fashion or do you jump from scene to scene and then go back and “fill in the blanks”?

I tend to write in a linear fashion but go back and forth with scenes. 

Q) What are your upcoming projects? 

As Patricia Bates, I have two historicals I’m working on. A romance set in Ancient Rome during the height of the Gladiatorial games and another set in Ancient Ireland featuring the Celts exclusively. 

BLURB:

Grissom is a town with dark secrets. When REBEL HUNTER, a paranormal consultant relocates to its outskirts, he unwittingly stumbles upon a mystery decades in the making.  After one of his clients vanishes, Rebel is dragged into the investigation by homicide detective Gideon Palmer.

On a forced vacation, Gideon is in the right place at the wrong time and finds his downtime cut short by the disappearance of a wealthy socialite. As he investigates, he finds himself confronted by a wall of silence. The only bright spot is Rebel Hunter, a man of mystery and danger. 

Drawn together, their chemistry is immediate and both men struggle with their emotions as they navigate the dark twists of the case. Can both men face their own ghosts to help find a missing woman before it's too late. 

Watch the book trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMt62ywLev4


No comments:

Post a Comment