09 April 2020

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 15

Planning a trip itinerary - detailed or fly-by-the-seat of your pants


I would have to say detailed. Sometimes Mike and I go on a day road trip and we don't plan too much, mainly just a destination and then see where the road takes us. But for long trips we definitely plan. At least, he does. He will go online and Priceline hotels, Yelp review places to eat, and map out our journey. However, we stay flexible enough that if we discover something new or fascinating, we'll go explore. 

The last big trip we really took was our honeymoon. We went to Arches National Park in Utah. The trip was wonderful and beautiful...and I had an allergic reaction to something blooming. My face swelled up and I was taking antihistamines and using Flonase. Still, we had a great time. 

Before that, we went as a family to Great Wolf Lodge in Anaheim California. If you've never been there, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a water park and hotel all in one, and you never have to leave if you don't want to. My son was 12 when we went, and although he could swim, I am always hesitant about not watching him around water. Shit happens, you know? But there were so many lifeguards, posted everywhere, that I felt comfortable letting him go off by himself. It was one of the best vacations we ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment