23 April 2020

The Evernighties Weekly Blog Challenge - Week 17

Excluding the usual no-nos, are there any topics you won't write about?

Yes, I won't write about BDSM. Not because I'm a prude or anything, but because it's a relationship dynamic that I'm not well versed in so I wouldn't be able to write about it truthfully.

I did write one book that had bondage in it, titled Paper Kisses. In the book, the heroine Alannah visits her hometown after twenty years. She's just broke up with her husband and is basically rudderless. There's so much going on in her head, she can't hear herself anymore. The hero is into bondage, and ties her up in order to bring all the chaotic thoughts in her head to a standstill. I did a lot of research on the book before writing it, and I hope that I did justice to that world. 

One of the best BDSM books I've ever read is "The Reluctant Dom" by Tymber Dalton. It's a gut wrenching story that is amazing. If you've not read it, I highly recommend it. 

If anyone is confused about the usual no-nos that's in the title, that means rape as a romantic element, any romantic story involving minors (under 18 years), and bestiality (not meaning shifter stories).  

1 comment: